Current Size: 100%
Homework is an extension of the academy curriculum and a way in which students can both extend and consolidate learning.
Homework will be set according to the Homework Policy. Homework should be completed on time and to the best of the student’s ability.
There are opportunities for students to do homework in the academy if they wish to do so. The Library is open before school, at break, lunchtime, and at the end of the day until approximately 4.30pm (4.00pm on Fridays).
Ensuring that homework is completed is one of the main areas in which parents can help their daughters achieve. We ask you to support the Homework Policy by checking your daughter’s planner and signing it on a weekly basis. Parents/Carers can also help by ensuring that the correct books and equipment are in their daughter’s school bag each day and that homework is handed in on time.
Helping students to establish good routines regarding homework is important, and a key to success as students progress through the academy.
To help your daughter further we request that you:
- Ask what homework has been set each night and check planner.
- Help establish a routine whereby homework is done at the same time each day in the early evening.
- Provide a quiet area or time for working.
- Encourage your daughter to communicate with subject teacher orfForm tutor if she struggles with any homework set.
A copy of The Belvedere Academy Homework Policy is attached below.
Should you have any queries relating to homework please contact your daughter’s Head of School in the first instance:
• Mrs A. Beddard, Head of Lower School (Years 7 and 8)
• Mrs A. Mansfield, Head of Upper School (Years 9, 10 and 11)
• Mr S. Mason, Head of Sixth Form (Years 12 and 13)
Please note that due to course requirements, there may be some slight variation to the exact detail of the Homework Timetable. It is meant to serve as a general guide to staff, students and to parents as to the quantity and regularity of homework.