Arrangements for Admission Appeals for Year 7 Admission in September 2023.
- Parents or guardians have the right to an independent appeal if they are refused a place at the academy and are dissatisfied with the school allocated to their child.
- The arrangements for the independent appeals will be made following the statutory guidance provided by the Department for Education (DFE) 'School Admission Appeals Code', October 2022, which can be found at this link: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/school-admissions-appeals-code.
- The appeals panel and clerk will be independent to the academy.
- Following guidance, the academy will hold appeal hearings remotely via video or telephone conference. Parents/Guardians should speak to the academy if internet access is problematic for them.
- The determination of the appeals panel will be made in accordance with the Code of Practice on School Admission Appeals and is legally binding on all parties.
- The parent/guardian should contact the academy office 0151 727 1284 to ask for the appeal paperwork to be sent out.
- The parent/guardian should return the completed appeal paperwork by 12 noon on Friday, 31st March 2023 and any supporting evidence to the academy by 12 noon on Friday, 28th April 2023.
- When the paperwork is received back at the academy an acknowledgement email will be sent to the parent/guardian – if you do not receive an acknowledgement, you should contact the academy to check that your appeal has been received.
- A letter detailing the time/date of the appeal will be sent out to parents/guardians after the Easter break.
- The appeal hearings will be held over several days, beginning Monday, 15th May 2023 (this date may be subject to change).
Any queries related to the above process should be directed to Julie Collin, Administration Manager, at the academy.